(Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:30 pm)
Even when we achieve complete legal equality, gay men will still be a statistical minority. Some gay men want to celebrate that difference while others want to embrace the well-earned victory of unfettered integration. During this gathering we will discuss the value of being the “other” and the allure of “assimilation.”
• Are we really fundamentally different from our non-gay brothers?
• Are we the same or are we just kidding ourselves?
• What does assimilation mean?
• Is assimilation good for gay men? Is it possible?
• Let’s talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly of being different?
• Why do so many gay men want to continue making waves? Isn’t the war over?
• What’s good about being different?
• Are there other minorities we can learn from?
• Why do you love about being different?
• Why do you love about being able to assimilate?
West Hollywood Library, Community Conference Room – Park Level
(Validated parking is available in the 5 story parking structure)
625 North San Vicente Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90069
3rd Thursday of every month, 7:30 pm
West Hollywood Library
Event on Facebook
8764 Melrose Ave
ONE Archives Gallery & Museum
626 N Robertson Blvd
Tortilla Republic Weho
616 N Robertson Blvd
606 N Robertson Blvd
661 N Robertson Blvd