Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
(Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:30 pm)
Even when we achieve complete legal equality, gay men will still be a statistical minority. Some gay men want to celebrate that difference while others want to embrace the well-earned victory of unfettered integration. During this gathering we will discuss the value of being the “other” and the allure of “assimilation.”
• Are we really fundamentally different from our non-gay brothers?
• Are we the same or are we just kidding ourselves?
• What does assimilation mean?
• Is assimilation good for gay men? Is it possible?
• Let’s talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly of being different?
• Why do so many gay men want to continue making waves? Isn’t the war over?
• What’s good about being different?
• Are there other minorities we can learn from?
• Why do you love about being different?
• Why do you love about being able to assimilate?
West Hollywood Library, Community Conference Room – Park Level
(Validated parking is available in the 5 story parking structure)
625 North San Vicente Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90069
3rd Thursday of every month, 7:30 pm
West Hollywood Library
8764 Melrose Ave
ONE Archives Gallery & Museum
626 N Robertson Blvd
Tortilla Republic Weho
616 N Robertson Blvd
606 N Robertson Blvd
Rasputin (At The Robertson)
665 N. Robertson Blvd.